In this article, I am gonna show to so setup static IP address in your windows computer. It’s important when you are planning on forwarding ports so at the time you have your static IP address so the router can easily forward your port number. Because when you set up port forwarding your router binding all information with ports to the IP address.
Set a Static IP Address in Windows
Click the Start menu. Next, click on the Windows Settings option. or you can simply press Win + I shortcut key to go Windows Settings
Network and Sharing Center
Click on the Network and Sharing Center option. or you can open the Run box using Win+R key and type there ncpa.cpl and click on OK, it will also open the same window.
- Click on Change adapter settings from the left side menu.
- Right-click on the Ethernet icon, then select Properties.
- Now here in this window, you have to find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click or select it. Then you have to click on the Properties.
Set static IP address
- In the window that opens, click the Use the following IP address radio button. And then you have to enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default gateway.
- Next, you have to choose the Use the following DNS server addresses: radio button. Here you have to enter the Preferred DNS server (Universal DNS 220.127.116.11), and Alternate DNS server (Universal DNS 18.104.22.168). After entering the IP address and DNS you have to click on OK
- Now you can start your internet connection with static IP address. If for some reason the internet connection doesn’t start working right away, restart the computer and try again
In this video, you will learn how to set the static IP address in Windows 10 step by step.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to TECH DHEE to continue enjoying excellent posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you still have any queries, throw it in the comment section. If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment, and also it is quite easy and useful for others.
- eDEX-UI – Fullscreen Terminal
- Monitor Realtime MikroTik Traffic In Windows 10
- Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Change User/Admin Password Using CMD
- How to Create System Restore Point in Windows 10
- Turn off Windows 10 Automatic Updates